Startup Summer is a ten-week program that combines a summer internship with a Boulder, Denver, or Colorado Springs area startup company with a series of evening events, all focused on teaching participants the fundamentals of creating and running a successful startup. Interns will face tasks and challenges in the work place that will prepare them for a bright future in entrepreneurship. They will work with some of the hottest startups in Colorado and learn directly from the entrepreneurs who started them. Applicants to the program are dedicated and driven young entrepreneurs with a strong interest in the emerging and exciting world of startups. The application period is now open: https://www.f6s.com/startupcolorado-startupsummer2016/apply
Startup Summer offers:
- •A paid ten-week internship with a Front Range startup; the internship will include frequent interaction with the company founders and management team
- •The Startup Summer seminar series featuring prominent entrepreneurs teaching classes on entrepreneurship
- •A weekly social event with business leaders in the community
- •A close-knit community with your peers in Startup Summer in Boulder
- •An end of summer competition with an opportunity to win mentorship from some of Boulder/Colorado Springs/Denver’s ﬁnest entrepreneurs and investors
- •Be actively enrolled in a four year program, preferably as a rising junior or senior, though the program is open to all undergraduates. (We will also consider graduate students enrolled in a Masters or PHD program focused in computer science).
- •Have an academic focus in business, engineering, or computer science (preferred but not required)
- •Have a drive for entrepreneurship and innovation in business and technology
- •Have a business idea at any stage of development or be willing to develop one
- •Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through March 2016, so apply soon to get your potential internship match!